Friday, July 6, 2012

A Cry for Help

No, seriously.

I'll get straight to the point:

I'm designing our invitations from scratch and I cannot WAIT to show them to you, but they're missing one tiny, nearly insignificant piece:

words.

What's that, you say?  Words are important?

Whoops, my bad.

The good news is that the wording is not the problem here- we're going super-duper traditional so I know exactly what they're going to say.

It's the font that's the problem.

If you're reading this and you're not actually a bride, you probably think I'm insane.  (Or maybe other brides think I'm insane, too.  I'M TOTALLY SANE, YOU GUYS.)  It's not that hard to pick a font, right?  Just go with anything but Comic Sans and you're good.

EXCEPT NO.

I am incapable of making decisions simple, no matter how hard I try.

Here's where y'all come in:

I need suggestions from you for a font which meets the following requirements:

-FREE, first off.  I ain't payin' for a font.  It's not in the budget.
-Whimsical.  Interpret that as you wish.
-Not too busy.  It needs to be able to stand out against a patterned background which is, well, busy(ish)
-The lowercase letters need to be, well, lowercase.  As in not tiny-uppercase.  Does this make sense?

Please help!  Mah brain iz fried and I need to outsource this decision, so please...suggest away!


No comments:

Post a Comment