Monday, November 4, 2013

Love Potion #0.5: Uh...Who is This Chick?

Um...hi.  Remember me?



I first introduced myself to y'all back in May 2012 and asked you to join Mr. Potion and I on our wedding planning journey.  From the very beginning, I made it pretty clear that we're absolute geeks.  Did you read along as we got ready for our November 2012 wedding in Middle-of-Nowhere, Alabama?  Did you wonder if I would ever finish some of the hand-made details in our fall color palette?  Did you correctly guess which vintage dress I would choose?  Did you correctly guess which dress my bridesmaids would choose? 

Any of this sound familiar?

Well, I'm finally back to the 'Bee to share recaps from our beautiful big day. It's been an embarrassingly long time since we first got our photos, and longer still since we actually tied the knot- almost a year!  I really am sorry for the delay and I could offer excuses about how busy we've been setting up this new life together and figuring out this thing called marriage, but I'm going to be honest with you- Gryffindor or no, the thing that's kept me from sharing my recaps for this long has been fear.  Yup, I'm a big fat chicken.  Our wedding day was beautiful and perfect and everything we wanted it to be- the food was delicious, the guests had a blast, and most importantly- we got married.  But if I were to put pictures of that beautiful, perfect day on the internet and write about what happened, then other people would be able to see and comment on it.  And what if those other people don't find the pictures quite so beautiful?

I've been holding back my recaps because I've been afraid that people would read them, not like them, share their dislike, and that I would let that dislike color my memories of our day.  In short, I've been selfish- if I don't show you pictures of my hair, you can't tell me you don't like it and I can continue feeling like I looked beautiful that day.  But Mr. Potion has finally convinced me that sharing wedding recaps is more for us than for you anyway- it's a way to permanently document all of the details, so that one day, if I want to remember that funny story or what was going through my head as we said our vows, I can read it and relive it all over again.

So here goes, Hive- I'm overcoming a bit of busyness, a pinch of laziness, and a heaping scoop of cowardice to bring you a recap of our wedding day.  If you enjoyed our planning journey, I hope you'll enjoy seeing the results.

Here goes nothin'!

photo by One Photo Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment